New Delhi, In the year 2022, Hindi film industry remained with the support of faith. There were half a dozen such films which revolved around Hindu religion and its related subjects. Along with this, Hindu beliefs, stories of Hindu emperors were also shown on the screen. Some of these remained on Hindi stories and some were dubbed from the cinema of South. Apart from Hindi films, the flag of religion in regional languages continued to wave.
Hinduism, Hindutva, religious beliefs, traditions are such subjects which are a complete school of learning for those working in the field of film art. From time to time filmmakers presented the subjects related to it on the screen. In fact, the beginning of Dharma Gatha in Indian films is seen from the film Raja Harishchandra. In the year 2022, films of religious background dominated. Let us know about some of these special films…
1. Hinduism: Karan Razdan’s film Hindutva was released on 7 October 2022. In the story, Hinduism is depicted among the youth through different characters. Film director Karan Razdan says that the difference between Hinduism and Hindutva is often discussed. Hinduism is supposed to be a peaceful way of life, whereas Hindutva is presented as radical and extremist. He had said that Bollywood has shown many of our Gods and Goddesses in negative form or presented them in a ridiculous way. Both are unacceptable to me and thus my film ‘Hindutva’ was born.
2. Kantara: ‘Kantara’ of Hombale Films is originally made in Kannada. It was released in South on 30 September and Hindi dubbed on 14 October. The story of the film is based on the folklore of a small village situated in the middle of the jungle. ‘Kantara’ means rugged forest. The myth of a deity is believed for the well-being of the people living in the forest. The annual ritual of this deity is ‘Bhoot Kola’. It is said that a king found this deity in the form of a stone in the forest and placed a condition. The condition is that this part of the land will remain with the villagers and the king will get peace. Breaking the rule of this condition will lead to huge destruction. While in the film, the government officer considers the forest dwellers as the enemies of the forest. This story is based on this struggle. His role was also special under the direction of Rishabh Shetty. Made in a budget of just Rs 15 crore, this film had earned more than Rs 150 crore in about 20 days.
3. Kartikeya-2: The story of the film ‘Kartikeya 2’ is based on the mysteries of Lord Krishna and Dwarka. According to a prophecy of God, there is a story of unfolding the secrets related to it. Following the prophecy, Dr. Kartikeya (Nikhil Siddharth) and his mother travel to Dwarka, the holy city of Lord Krishna. It was during the journey that Dr. Kartikeya came to know about the prophecies and secrets of Lord Krishna. The film is directed by Chandu Mondeti. Apart from Nikhil Siddharth, Anupam Kher, Anupama Parameswaran, Srinivasa Reddy, Viva Harsha and Aditya Menon are also in special roles in the film. Kartikeya-2 is a film made with a budget of around 30 crores. The film did a business of more than 100 crores at the box office.
4. Brahmastra: Part One Shiva: Directed by Ayan Mukherjee, ‘Brahmastra’ has been seen on the screen in the modern form of Brahmastra of the power of Indian Gods. There are many twists in the story in a multi-star film like Ranbir Kapoor, Alia Bhatt, Amitabh Bachchan, Mouni Roy, Nagarjuna, Shahrukh Khan, Dimple Kapadia. The film connecting the Indian audience is based on the recognition of Indian mythological beliefs in the present era. A young man named Shiva dreams of the murder of an Indian scientist, in the same dream he learns that evil forces are going to kill another scientist. The story progresses on this track. The film earned Rs 36.42 crore on the first day of its release, in which the Hindi language collection was Rs 32 crore. The total earning of the film was Rs 224.10 crore. This film was made in a huge budget of 400 crores. Apart from Hindi, it has been released in Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Malayalam.
5. Ramsetu: The story of this film is based on the existence of Ramsetu of Ramayana period between India and Sri Lanka. Famous archaeologist Dr. Aryan (Akshay Kumar), who was once an atheist, believes that Ramsetu is not man-made, but natural, he is suspended for this idea, but when he goes out again in search of the truth, the report becomes something else. Is. In such a situation, Pushpak Shipping, which has brought the project of Sethusamudram scheme, is shocked. ‘Ram Setu’, released in theaters on October 25, had an opening of 15.25 crores but the earning graph kept decreasing. In the 11th day, this film could do business of 1.20 crores. The total earning of the film reached around Rs 68 crore. While the budget of the film was 70 crores.
Tags: bye bye 2022, Entertainment Special, Year Ender
FIRST PUBLISHED : December 15, 2022, 14:36 IST