A large number of people are using the weight loss products available in the market, which are harmful to health.
It is necessary to take a healthy diet for weight loss, but it is a misconception that an unhealthy diet can lead to weight loss.
Biggest Myths about Weight Loss: Millions of people around the world are battling obesity. These include a large number of children and youth. Obesity is the cause of many diseases. This is the reason that weight loss has emerged as a new trend in today’s era and people everywhere are making efforts for it. All the products available in the market are also making big claims about weight loss. You will be surprised to know that there are many misconceptions among people regarding weight loss, which most people believe to be correct. Today we are telling you about the 10 biggest myths related to weight loss, about which everyone needs to be careful.
- Often you must have also heard that not having breakfast helps in weight loss, but doing so is completely wrong. Medical News Today reports According to this, not having breakfast can be dangerous for health and it can also lead to weight gain.
- Some people claim that substances like ginger, onion, pineapple, avocado, celery, asparagus, chili, broccoli, garlic and green tea increase the body’s metabolism and burn fat. Some people also call them fat burning food. There is no solid scientific evidence that these substances can help with weight loss.
- Many supplements available in the market claim to reduce weight and people are also using them. But using these things without doctor’s advice can be dangerous. According to an FDA report, such supplements contain hidden ingredients. There were also cases of mixing of medicines for seizures, blood pressure and depression in many products.
- Foods containing reduce fat are believed to help in weight loss. The truth is that if a product is written as Reduce Fat, it does not mean that it has less fat. It may be less in comparison to other products, but the amount of fat will definitely be there. In such a situation, they should be consumed consciously.
- People avoid eating snacks during weight loss. They believe that this can lead to weight gain, but it is not so. According to experts, eating healthy snacks can better manage your calorie intake and can help in weight loss. In a study it was found that people who are underweight eat more snacks and those who are overweight eat less snacks.
- Some people stop eating the things of their choice in the pursuit of weight loss. But doing so can prove to be harmful to your health. According to the British Heart Foundation, you should never give up your favorite food items completely.
- It is also believed that for weight loss, you should completely remove sugar from your diet. However, doing so can be dangerous for your health. Our body needs a certain amount of sugar. Apart from this, no sugar is good and bad, but all are the same. To stay healthy, you should consume less amount of sugar.
- A large number of people believe that artificial sweeteners are good for health and prove to be effective in weight loss. Whereas in a research it was revealed that consuming these things increases your body mass index and cardiometabolic risk.
- You must have heard many people saying that they are reducing the fat of their stomach or any one part of the body. But this is just a misunderstanding. The effect of any kind of exercise or diet is on the whole body, not on any one part of the body.
- Some people take a fed diet for weight loss, which lacks a lot of nutrients. According to experts, doing so can prove to be very dangerous for your overall health. According to the CDC, taking an unhealthy diet for a long time can cause many problems in the body.
Also read: Do dance openly for 30 minutes every day and say ‘goodbye’ to these diseases
Do you feel hungry when you walk in the sun? Shocking revelation in study
Tags: fitness, Health, Lifestyle, Trending news
FIRST PUBLISHED : July 21, 2022, 11:39 IST